Welcome to Lockard for the 2017-2018 school year! While at school this year, your child will be taught by knowledgeable teachers, helped by passionate staff members and supported by each person working at Lockard. If you have any questions or concerns at any time this school year, you are welcome to contact me. The phone number to our office is (662) 884-1260. Attached are friendly notes and reminders to help you and your child succeed.
Daphne Heflin, Principal
- Breakfast begins at 7:05 a.m. and ends at 7:40 a.m.
- Instruction begins at 7:45 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m.
- Car riders are to be dropped off on Augusta or W. Gresham. Pick up for K is on Augusta and for 1st and 2nd is on W. Gresham.
- College Street is for buses and daycare only from 6:45 am-8:00 a.m. and from 2:45 pm-4:00 p.m. Barricades will be located on both ends of College Street in front of the school to ensure student safety.
- When visiting campus you will be asked for your driver’s license or a state issued photo I.D. This is safety protocol across the district.
- Visitors must obtain a visitor’s pass from the office before entering the halls.
- Students being checked-out early must be called from the classroom by the office staff. Consistently getting students before 3:15 pm may affect students’ grades. Please help your student to be most successful by allowing your student to remain at school until dismissal time.
- If your child misses a day of school, be sure to submit a signed, dated excuse to the office immediately upon your child’s return.
- If your child is tardy, please bring your child to the office for a tardy slip; then, please walk your child to his/her classroom. This is for your child’s safety and to ensure your child’s attendance is counted correctly.
- Students will only be released to the contacts on the student’s contact list in the office. The contact list may be revised in person by the student’s legal guardian (the list may not be revised over the phone).
- Weapons and/or any object that can be used as a weapon (toy or real) are strictly prohibited on campus.
- Our campus is smoke free, alcohol free, and drug free. Tobacco, alcohol products and illegal drugs are not allowed on the premises or at any school related function.
- Conferences with teachers must be scheduled during teachers’ conference periods.
- You are welcome to conference with administrators. Conferences should be scheduled in advance unless there is an emergency. Both administrators are consistently in classrooms helping students and teachers; they may not be able to speak with you immediately during unscheduled visits.
- You are welcome to observe in your child’s classroom. While observing in your child’s classroom:
- Please converse with the teacher only when students are out of the room (teacher’s planning period).
- Please refrain from helping your child with graded assignments/assessments.
- Please refrain from using cell phones or other electronic devices in the presence of children.
- Please notify the teacher if you observe a behavior issue that needs to be addressed.
- Students will be given tickets for positive behavior. Tickets will be collected and saved at the end of each instructional day. Tickets may be used on Fridays in exchange for rewards. For the display of negative behaviors, tickets will be taken as a consequence.
Students & Parents
QUICK LINKS TO STUDENT AND PARENT INFORMATION