Your child’s well-being and education are important to us! We have created schedules that allow for virtual contact and instruction for your support and your child’s academic and social-emotional support.
· You’ll see a parent conference time on your child’s schedule.
o Please let your child’s teacher or the office know if you’d like to schedule a phone or Zoom conference.
· If you’d like to schedule a phone conference with the principal or assistant principal, please call the office (662-884-1260).
· The school counselor, teachers, assistant teachers and the parent liaison will reach out to parents weekly to support you and to see if you have questions.
o They will be calling from School Status. The number is different and is not an 887 or 207 number.
· The school counselor, assistant teachers, interventionist, special area teachers and regular classroom teachers will contact your child and will meet with your child through CANVAS, Zoom and School Status.
o Small group and individual student-adult meetings will be for additional support, fluency work and/or academic feedback.
o Small group and individual support, fluency work and/or academic feedback will occur in the afternoons.
· Meal pick-up time is also noted in your child’s schedule. You may pick-up your child’s lunch & breakfast (b’fast for the following day) at the school between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. each school day.
· Until student devices arrive, learning packets will be used. We anticipate student devices being available and distributed within the first two weeks of school at which point all learning will be virtual.
· Once students receive devices and have access to virtual learning, student attendance will be taken based on their log-ins in CANVAS.
Once students receive devices and have access to virtual learning, student grades will be taken on students’ completed virtual assignments, learning activities and assessments.
· Internet access is available from the parking lot on each side of our school building.
· If parents have no internet connection at home…parents can drive to the school and use the hot spots. The following rules/procedures must be followed:
o Parents are to park on the north side (Gresham St.) of the building or the south side (Augusta St.) of the building without blocking cars that are already parked.
o Parents & students are to remain in their vehicles.
o The building will only be accessible by staff members.
o Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children.
o Call the school office (662-884-1260) to receive an internet access code when you park. The code will be changed weekly.
· When changes occur, we will do our best to inform you promptly.
· This year is different for ALL of us…parents, students AND staff. We are excited about it and will work together to beat odds and to continue winning!
· We look forward to working together with you and your child in this new era of learning.